How to Find a Specialist for Spinal Cord Stimulation

Source: Spine Health

If you are considering Spinal Cord Stimulation, it is important to understand the benefits and potential risks. First, you must talk to your physician to determine if you are a candidate for this minimally invasive procedure. Many patients report noticeable pain reduction and improved quality of life after the procedure is complete.

To determine whether Spinal Cord Stimulation is right for you, speak with a specialist. Here is a list of specialists who can evaluate your condition and determine how effective Spinal Cord Stimulation may be for you.


Anesthesiologists go through a vast amount of specialized education and training to attain their certification. These specialists are medical doctors who are trained to understand pain and the most effective ways of reducing or eliminating it.


Neurosurgeons are physicians who have a specialty in diagnosing and treating a variety of ailments that negatively impact the central and peripheral nervous system. They are able to determine the severity of your back pain and ensure whether Spinal Cord Stimulation may be the right option for you.

Orthopedic Spine Surgeons

Orthopedic surgeons specialize in joint, cartilage, and bone disorders. This, of course, includes a very specialized focus on the spine. Orthopedic spine surgeons will be able to properly evaluate and prescribe an effective method of pain management, which may include Spinal Cord Stimulation.

Pain Specialists

Also known as a pain doctor, a pain management specialist is a medical doctor with special training in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of all different types of pain. Find a pain specialist near you to help identify the best holistic pain treatment program for you.


A physiatrist has a specialty in physical medicine, most notably rehabilitation. When you are injured or your body is in need of rehabilitation from a disorder, a physiatrist will evaluate your condition, diagnose the problem, and manage the issue. If you have chronic pain, a physiatrist is an ideal specialist to attend because of their knowledge with the entire muscular system, rehabilitation and pain management.