10 Questions to Ask Your Pain Specialist
If you’re visiting a pain specialist, you may have been recently diagnosed with pain or you’ve been dealing with it for some time. Your injuries and pain may be mild or severe but your experience deserves attention and care. A pain specialist is uniquely positioned to help but you need to be prepared to get all your questions answered. With this handy guide, you’ll have a head start on easing your mind and treating your pain.
- What is causing the pain?
- Is my pain temporary or permanent?
- How can a pain specialist help me?
- What are my treatment options?
- What activities should I participate in?
- Which activities should I avoid?
- If medicine is prescribed, how do I take it?
- When should I have my next appointment to review progress?
- Will I need to request accommodations at work to manage my pain?
- Where can I find more information on managing my pain?
Pain management specialists are trained to help you with your pain, whether you’re newly in pain or have been managing your condition for years. Whether your pain is mild or severe, pain specialists can answer your questions, explain your treatment options, and help you feel better in the short and long-term.