The Top 10 Tips to Achieve Weight Loss
When it comes to exercise and fitness, one of the biggest motivations is to lose weight, and with good reason. According to the World Health Organization:1
- Worldwide obesity rates have doubled since 1980.
- 41 million children under age 5 were overweight or obese in 2014.
- In 2014, more than 1.9 billion adults ages 18 over were overweight, with 600 million considered obese.
As obesity rates increase, many people are making a conscious effort to lose weight and lead healthier lives. Losing weight and getting in shape can be quite challenging, with many will give up before they lose the weight they desire. It may be difficult, but it’s not impossible. With that said, here are the top 10 ways to achieve your weight loss goals:
The following foods should be avoided:
- Processed foods
- Fast food
- Sugary snacks
- Fried foods
- Baked foods
Eat the following foods on a daily basis:
- Fatty fish
- Park further away from building entrances
- Take the stairs instead if the elevator
- Take a 5-10 minute walk on your breaks
- Use the restroom on a another floor (take the stairs)
- During television commercial breaks do 25 jumping jacks, 25 sit-ups and 10 pushups
The following household chores are great ways to burn calories based on a weight of 150 pounds:
- Washing dishes
- Carrying groceries upstairs
- Making the bed
- Grocery shopping
- Getting the mail
Many of these household chores don’t burn a lot of calories by themselves, but they can add up if done throughout the course of an average day.
Losing weight is difficult, but it’s not impossible. Follow these tips and don’t give up when times get tough. Your body will thank you.