Top 5 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Sciatica
1. What is Sciatica?
In your lower back is where you’ll find the largest nerve in your body. It’s called the Sciatic Nerve. When there is compression against this nerve, usually from a bulging disc, pain develops typically on one side of the body. This is Sciatica.
2. What are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
The most common symptoms of Sciatica are as follows:
- Pain that originates in the lower back and may extend into the leg(s)
- Severe pain that is sudden
- Sharp pain
- Varying degrees of sensations including burning, numbing, and tingling
3. Is a Herniated Disc the Cause of My Sciatic Pain?
A proper diagnosis is essential before beginning any type of treatment plan. A medical professional will be able to conduct a variety of tests to determine whether the cause of your Sciatica is a herniated disc. Do NOT begin treatment until you’ve been diagnosed.
4. Is Chiropractic Care Effective for Sciatica?
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to alleviate pain from Sciatica. Chiropractic adjustments will help to release the pressure against the nerve, providing you with relief.
5. What is the Best Way to Learn More About Proper Treatment for Sciatica?
The best way to get more information about the proper treatment you may need is through a medical professional. Your doctor will be able to diagnose the cause of your Sciatica and follow-up with proper treatment options that are best for you.