Living with Chronic Pain
Gift Ideas for Individuals Living With Chronic Pain
It can be a challenge to figure out a suitable gift for a friend, family member, or coworker with chronic pain, so the PainScale team asked members of the PainScale feedback group on Facebook for some gift ideas for the 2020 holiday season.
Here are some of their ideas:
- Food-related gift certificates, especially for take-out/delivery from local restaurants
- Gift certificates for personal services, such as massages, haircuts, manicures, or pedicures
- Gift certificates for professional therapeutic services, such as chiropractic, acupuncture, or other therapeutic services not covered by insurance
- Gift certificates for enjoyable activities, such as tickets to a local cinema, a museum, etc.
- Gift certificates to assist with home or auto maintenance, such as car detailing or house-cleaning services
- Bath and lotion products (Note: Prior to purchasing, it’s important to make sure scented products are not an issue for the intended recipient.)
- Soft and warm clothing, such as warm, fuzzy socks/slippers or memory foam slippers/shoes
- Symptom-management clothing items, such as compression socks, nausea relief bands, or headache hats
- Soft, fuzzy, or heated blankets/throws
- Heating pads or portable, heated car cushions
- Shower/tub chairs
- Hand-held shower heads
- Hand-held cordless vacuums
- Mattress memory foam toppers
Note: Anyone with a Facebook account who uses the PainScale app is welcome to join the PainScale feedback group on Facebook.